Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Worst Vacation Ever









My name is Beatrix Potter McQuilling, and I am in charge of keeping everyone safe at Dancing Dog Dairy. Lately, I haven't been feeling very well, so I had to draft some locals to help out.

My owners finally caught on, and decided my ailment was due to stress overload. They decided to give me a vacation. The first destination was a tiled room with odd porcelain sculptures. I was given no food or water after midnight.

The next day I was dragged into an old pick-up truck, and driven to the next stop on our itinerary. This hotel was crowded with humans and a wide variety of animals. I was taken into the back, weighed and given a shot. suddenly, the room got darker, and I began to feel very tired.

I had a dream that cousin Jonathan was talking to my owners, but I could not understand everything they were saying. Apparently my tongue was dragging on the floor and my eyes had rolled back in my head. When I awoke, I was being carried back to the tiled hotel where I spent three tortuously boring days.

Fortunately, my vacation ended today. My first duty was to check the water supplies for poison.


Next I had to help Madeleine feed the baby goat

and calf.

Poor humans. They mean well, but they just don't know how to have real fun. Next year, I'd just as soon stay home!

1 comment:

  1. She's beautiful! A vacation is no fun at all when your job is what you live for. ;)

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete